Do you feel like it can be hard to communicate effectively with others, especially when it comes to important conversations?
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants are often people who don’t like to disappoint, so struggle to say no or stand their ground when they need to. They also sometimes find it hard to get to the core of a problem because they worry about how to get to heart of the conversation. As a busy person, you don’t have time for ineffective conversations.
This struggle to communicate effectively can leave you feeling:
Feeling uncomfortable in conversation can lead to anxiety and self-doubt. On top of this, when we struggle to express our thoughts and feelings, it brings us to leave some of ourselves out of the conversation. This increases the likelihood that others won’t hear what we need them to hear and the outcomes we want to be compromised.
The Effective Communication – For Authentic Conversations course will help you learn how to communicate more confidently and authentically in any situation. The course comes complete with short, digestible content littered with Pharmacy specific examples that can be accessed anywhere, a printable workbook to put your learning into practice and the course is also eligible for self-recorded Group 2 CPD Credits.
This course is perfect for anyone looking to improve their communication abilities.
About the Creator
Hi, my name is Chantelle!
I am a Leadership Coach, Emotional Intelligence Practitioner, Pharmacist, Speaker and Mum. As a former Pharmacist Manager, my experiences ignited my passion for developing the communication skills of pharmacists and pharmacy assistants. Working in such a demanding environment without the proper tools to effectively communicate my needs, led me to experience burnout.
A huge part of getting myself back on my feet, was taking action and learning the skills I needed to better advocate for myself. Along my journey, I learned how to communicate effectively with others and use emotional intelligence to build successful relationships both at work and in life.
That is why I created this course, Effective Communication for Authentic Conversations. This course is designed for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants who want to learn how to communicate more confidently and authentically in any situation. The beauty about this is that the benefits go beyond protection of burnout and self advocacy, the help you inspire others, empowering them to think deeper and communicate better.
This course is for you if…
- You are a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Assistant who struggles to say what they really need to say (like no!)
- Are a Locum Pharmacist who regularly needs to build professional relationships with people new people quickly.
- Are an Early Career Pharmacist who wants to learn how to strengthen their communication to improve their performance and feel empowered in conversations
- Are a Pharmacy Manager or Leader who want to inspire others and empower individuals to become independent thinkers
- Are a Leader who want to dive beneath the surface of conversations and harness their intuition to get to the heart of problems and make real progress
- Describe the emotional intelligence competency authenticity
- Describe the difference between passive, assertive and aggressive communicators
- Explain how emotions influence one’s ability to communicate
- Identify five different ways you can communicate assertively
- Identify the five steps to a challenging conversation and how to implement it
- Discuss how to get back on track when conversations don’t go to plan
- Identify what coaching leadership is and how it can be used in practice
- Explain the difference between open, open probing and closed questions
- Explain the differences between the three levels of listening as outlined in the Co-Active Coaching Model
- Describe how to match and mirror to build rapport
- Discuss the key components of body position that help with active listening and rapport building
- The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include: 2.2.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, 4.1.1, 4.6.5
- This course is eligible to record three Group 2 CPD points
- Please note this course is yet to be certified.