When team members are disengaged, they are less productive, psychologically unattached to their work and feel that their needs are not being fully met. This has a financial cost, but also leads to a few staff doing the heavy lifting of many, burnout and high staff turnover.
The Enhancing Engagement leadership development course has been designed to address these challenges and begin to turn the tide. This course provides leaders with the tools they need to empower their team members and engage them in the pharmacy’s long-term goals, believe in the journey, engage in the process and put the work in to get there.
Why Enhancing Engagement?
As a leader, we know we can’t do everything on our own. It takes a team. But, having a team appreciate the long-term goals, believe in the journey and engage in the process is not always easy to achieve. This is even more difficult when as Pharmacists, we were never given the tools to do this to begin with.
The Enhancing Engagement leadership development course addresses this and provides practical tools and techniques to help improve involvement from team members in various settings. The course helps leaders understand what is really required from their team to foster an environment that supports engagement. It also explores how best to communicate with the team so they are inspired to take empowered, accountable, action.
Throughout the course, emotional intelligence principles and simple frameworks are combined to show leaders how they can foster the five key elements of engagement that will encourage team members to give their best effort. This inevitably lightens the load of everyone.
By using the tools provided in this course, you can expect to be having inspiring, change-creating conversations with those around you in no time.
About the Creator
Hi, my name is Chantelle
I’m Chantelle, a leadership coach, emotional intelligence practitioner, and former pharmacy manager. Over the years, I have seen countless leaders struggle to engage their teams and find purpose in their roles. After leading my own pharmacy team for many years without the right tools and strategies, I can confidently say that I understand how difficult it can be to engage staff members and get everyone on the same page.
However, I have also seen how powerful the principles held within the Enhancing Engagement Leadership Development Course can be in empowering leaders to bring out the best in their teams. After utilizing these principles myself, the Pharmacy I managed saw zero staff turnover for more than two years and grew exponentially.
This course is for you if…
- You are in a leadership role and are not getting through to your team.
- You are a pharmacist with management aspirations or are wanting to be involved in leading a pharmacy or a workforce
- You are tired of change not sticking
- You can’t mind the missing piece of the puzzle when it comes to creating engagement within your team
- You are an owner wanting to ensure that you are fostering a workplace environment that is built to meet people’s needs
- You believe that the answer for both individual and team success is treating people as whole people
- Explain what engagement is and why it is important
- Name the five key components of engagement
- Explain the Golden Circle
- Explain how knowing ‘the Why’ supports the emotional intelligence competencies of emotional reasoning and inspiring performance
- Describe what perceptual filters are and how the impact they have on results
- Identify ways you can connect staff with ‘what’s in it for them’
- Describe victim and accountable behaviours as outlined in the Accountability Ladder
- Explain what characteristics accountable people show and how this improves engagement
- Explain how to increase the perspective of a group of people through the use of the Beach Ball approach
- The 2016 Competency Standards addressed by this activity include:2.2.2, 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
- You may wish to self-record two Group 2 points
- Please note this course is yet to be certified.